In this day and time, it seems as if everyone is looking for more ways to redesign their home without breaking the bank in the process. But finding inexpensive ways to upgrade your rooms can be very time-consuming. If you’re considering tackling a bathroom renovation, here are some tips to help guide you in the right direction.
- Try subtle changes with a shower curtain rod. It might sound strange, but by just raising the height of your shower curtain rod, you can give your bathroom the illusion of a taller ceiling. Or you could buy a curved rod, which helps to give a small shower the appearance of more space.
- Overhaul your bathroom mirror. Give a boring mirror a touch of pizzazz by adding a frame. Garlands have been making a big comeback in recent years, so consider purchasing a garland to drape over your mirror, in coordinating colors to match your bathroom.
- Turn your wall into an art gallery. If you love flea markets and rummage sales, then be on the lookout for vintage pictures that will turn an ordinary bathroom wall into a collage, by arranging them from the floor to the ceiling.
- Adjust your bath mats. Buy two or three mats and layer them. This will not only give a softer feel underfoot, but, by using different colors and textures, you will also give your bathroom a more bohemian atmosphere.
- Get rid of that tacky lighting fixture. By exchanging an outdated light fixture with one that is decorative and more up-to-date, you’ll be giving your bathroom a whole new appearance without spending a fortune.
Are you ready to renovate your bathroom? Contact Home Design Outlet Center today. From bathroom fixtures to tiles and vanities, we’ve got you covered!
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a place inside your home where you could escape to soothe away your worries? Well, now you can, just by turning your ordinary bathroom into a dreamy (and affordable) spa retreat! Here are four inexpensive ways to help you renovate your bathroom on a budget.
- Appeal to your senses. There’s nothing that can ruin a relaxing getaway faster than noise and chaos. If your neighbors are in the middle of a busy construction project, then bring music into your bathroom to drown out the noise. Does the blaring light over your vanity make your eyes hurt? Then buy candles to give the room a soothing glow, or replace the fixture with something less obtrusive.
- Envelop your body in softness. Bring the softness and coziness of a real spa into your bathroom by purchasing fluffy towels, a plush bath mat, a comfortable robe, and soft house slippers. Have them readily available near your tub for when you’re ready to leave the room.
- Hide from the world. One of the greatest joys that comes from having your own spa is the ability to take a break from life and focus on you. So consider buying a shower curtain to create a sort of barrier between you and the outside world. Or buy potted plants to place around your tub. The idea is to create a space where you feel protected and set apart from everything.
- Bring in the elegance. Don’t just place bath salts, yummy-smelling soaps, and other goodies unceremoniously around your bathroom. Contemplate the presentation. Give them a more elegant and spa-like appearance by putting them in attractive containers.
Let the experts at Home Design Outlet Center help you transform your ordinary bathroom into a luxurious spa getaway. Call today for more information.